See what Boris Johnson thinks of our work for the London Evening Standard
- invest in projects with lasting impact,
- meet basic social needs,
- enhance the overall quality of community life, and
- build financial, physical and social resources.
To find out how we can help in the places that you are interested in contact your local Community Foundation.
National and Regional Programmes
- Charity Projects: Comic Relief and Sports Relief (grants programmes totalling up to £4 million a year).
- The London Evening Standard: developing and enabling their widely praised £10m “Dispossessed Fund” , a media, fundraising and grant investment campaign.
- Big Lottery Fund: by helping the £50m Fair Share Trust build the capacity of the UK’s least advantaged communities that were beyond the reach of the lottery.
- “Surviving Winter”: helping some private donors' desire to prevent avoidable winter deaths of older and vulnerable people develop into a national £2.5m media campaign.
- The Royal London Foundation: delivering community investment in communities where staff and members of Royal London Assurance plc live and work.
UK Community Foundation Services
Benefits of Working with UK Community Foundations
Reputation - we design and deliver community investment programmes that address the issues that matter to you and that connect you to qualities that build your reputation such as innovation, creativity and resourcefulness.
Flexible and Focused - we are able to work with you to design and deliver community investment programmes that address a wide range of issues which are important to you, your staff and your stakeholders, including:
- Health and wellbeing
- Positive futures (young people)
- Tackling disadvantage and exclusion
- Education and skills
- Arts, culture and heritage
Real Impact - we work with you to ensure that the benefits and the change that you wish to see from your investment are measured and reported from the outset.
Enhanced Reach - we ensure that your programme reach your local community wherever your operations or requirements are based.
Positive Engagement with Communities - we look after all the administration including ownership of helping groups that apply and cannot be funded. Neither you nor your team need to say “no” to a request for support. That is our job, and because we manage many funds and know what is going on locally we are well placed to signpost to other sources of help.
Quality Accreditation - Community Foundations are quality accredited to standards endorsed by the Charity Commission (England and Wales).