We manage community investment and grant-making programmes through our network of community foundations on behalf of a wide range of funders from the private, voluntary and public sectors.
We help our clients achieve their social responsibility objectives through partnerships with local charitable organisations that really understand how their communities work. Many of our clients enjoy meeting inspirational ‘local heroes’ who achieve a significant impact from very modest grants.
Why work with UKCF?
Our Reputation – UKCF is an award-winning organisation and held in high esteem by those within the sector and beyond. UKCF and our community foundation members are quality accredited to standards endorsed by the Charity Commission.
Your Brand - we can design community investment programmes that connect you to qualities that can help to build your brand such as innovation, creativity and resourcefulness.
Flexible and Focused - we are able to work with you to design and deliver community investment programmes that address a wide range of issues which are important to you, your staff and your stakeholders, including:
- Health and wellbeing
- Young people
- Tackling disadvantage and exclusion
- Education and skills
- Arts, culture and heritage
Real Impact - we work with you to ensure that the benefits that you wish to see from your investment are measured and reported from the outset
Enhanced Reach - we ensure that your programme reach your local community wherever your operations or requirements are based.
Positive Engagement with Communities - we look after all the administration including ownership of helping groups that apply and cannot be funded. Neither you nor your team need to say ‘no’ to a request for support. Because we work locally we are well placed to signpost to other sources of help.
Our track record
UK Community Foundations manages national and regional programmes and we have a strong track record of achievement. In recent times we have worked with the following partners to deliver the programmes that invest in building thriving communities:
- Comic Relief and Sports Relief: since 2009, we’ve managed up to £4 million per year in grants.
- The London Evening Standard: we developed and enabled the widely praised £10m ‘Dispossessed Fund.’
- Big Lottery Fund: we managed and delivered Fair Share Trust, which invested £50m in the UK’s least advantaged communities.
- The Royal London Foundation: we deliver community investment in communities where staff and members of Royal London Assurance plc live and work.
- A large variety of corporations who recognise that they do not exist in isolation but are an essential and significant part of any local community.
Community foundations are “…a smart way to support local communities over the long term.” Rolls-Royce