UK Community Foundations are the managing agent for Comic Relief, managing almost £8 million in grants across the UK during the last two years.
There are two programmes, which during their two-year cycle represent an investment of almost £8 million in community projects identified by Community Foundations which are supporting some of the poorest and most disadvantaged people in the UK. These are:
- Local Communities (grants of £1000 to £10,000 a year). Currently open for applications. Please check with your community foundation to find out when their deadline is - there will be periods when the grant round temporarily closes.
- Community Cash - Is now open. Please check with your local Community Foundation for their closing date.
The grants managed by community foundations range in size from £500 through to the £30,000 grants allocated to cities across the UK. The grants are awarded to support work where there is clear evidence of a sustained beneficial impact on the lives of people who are excluded or disadvantaged through low income, rural or social isolation, age, disabilities, race, sexuality or gender.
Priority is given to small, locally-based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and are undertaking actions as a means of addressing these needs.
If you want to apply for a Local Communities grant, contact your local funder from the list below.
How do we apply?
The following community foundations or local funders are managing Comic Relief funds. Please contact them directly - not UK Community Foundation. Click the foundation's name to visit their website.
- Derbyshire Community Foundation | 01773 514850
- Leicestershire and Rutland Community Foundation | 0116 258 7326
- Lincolnshire Community Foundation | 01529 305825
- Northamptonshire Community Foundation | 01604 230033
- Nottinghamshire Community Foundation | 016236 20202
East of England
- Bedfordshire and Luton Community Foundation | 01234 834930
- Cambridgeshire Community Foundation | 01223 410535
- Essex Community Foundation | 01245 355947
- Hertfordshire Community Foundation | 01707 251351
- Norfolk Community Foundation | 01603 623958
- Suffolk Foundation | 01473 734120
- London Community Foundation | 020 7582 5117. Covers all London boroughs.
- County Durham Community Foundation | 0191 378 6340
- Tees Valley Community Foundation | 01642 260860
- Community Foundation Tyne & Wear and Northumberland | 0191 222 0945
- Cumbria Community Foundation | 01900 825760
- Community Foundation for Greater Manchester | 0161 214 0940
- Community Foundation for Merseyside | 0151 966 4604 - covers Merseyside, Lancashire and Cheshire.
- Community Foundation For Northern Ireland | 028 9024 5927
- Scottish Community Foundation | 031 524 0300
- Berkshire Community Foundation | 0118 930 3021
- Buckinghamshire Community Foundation | 01296 330134
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation | 01256 776101
- Kent Community Foundation | 01303 814500
- Milton Keynes Community Foundation | 01908 690276
- Oxfordshire Community Foundation | 01865 798666
- Surrey Community Foundation | 01483 409230
- Sussex Community Foundation | 01273 409440
- Cornwall Community Foundation | 01566 779333
- Devon Community Foundation | 01884 235887
- Dorset Community Foundation | 01202 292255
- Gloucestershire Community Foundation | 01452 656385
- Quartet Community Foundation | 0117 989 7700, covers City of Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
- Somerset Community Foundation | 01458 833133
- Community Foundation for Wiltshire and Swindon | 01380 729284
- The Community Foundation in Wales | 02920 536590
- Birmingham and the Black Country Community Foundation | 0121 322 5560
- Heart of England Community Foundation | 024 7688 4386 Also covers Solihull, Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire & Telford
- Staffordshire Community Foundation | 01782 683000
Yorkshire and Humberside
- Community Foundation for Calderdale | 01422 349700. Also covers Bradford and Kirklees
- Community Foundation for Leeds | 0113 242 2426. Also covers Wakefield
- South Yorkshire Community Foundation | 0114 242 4857
- Two Ridings Community Foundation | 01759 377400. Covers York, North Yorkshire, Hull and East Riding.