Community foundations are charities located across the UK dedicated to strengthening local communities, creating opportunities and tackling issues of disadvantage and exclusion.
- Target grants that make a genuine difference to the lives of local people.
- Manage funds donated by individuals and organisations.
- Build endowment and act as the vital link between donors and local needs.
- Provide practical, financial and creative leadership in their local communities. This leadership is based on extensive local knowledge, strong links into communities and a reputation for successfully facilitating change.
- Offer a wide range of support to small community groups to help them become more efficient, effective and better equipped to face the challenges in their local area.
- Have strong connections within their local communities. Contact with local people and organisations create essential 'grassroots' knowledge. This sets community foundations apart from other grant-makers and ensures donations are accurately targeted to achieve the greatest impact.