Surviving Winter is a campaign run by UK Community Foundations and partnered by Saga. Through local Community Foundations, it matches donations from people who wish to give their Winter Fuel Payment or other funds to elderly and vulnerable people who are at risk during the winter.Donate now
Community Foundations Network
- Provide philanthropic services to our donors - helping people invest their time money and skills; matching their values, passions or interests to the needs of their community to give delight, surprise, fun and a sense of real achievement.
- Provide finance by developing grant and social investment programmes that work at national, regional and local level, involving the widest range of local community groups and organisations in providing essential services; supporting local amenities and investing in future opportunities
23 April 2013
UK Community Foundations has today announced the appointment of David Sheepshanks CBE as Chair, succeeding Matthew Bowcock who has retired after six years, having served the maximum two terms as an elected trustee.
08 February 2013
- 2013 Beacon Award Fellows announced in recognition of philanthropic giving.
- 33 Beacon Fellows have collectively donated over £100 million to good causes and raised over £21 million.
- Fellowship will celebrate and share good philanthropy practice through series of networking events.
- J.K. Rowling among those commended with a Special Award.
24 October 2012
Corporate Community Giving is an innovative philanthropy planning tool for Dorset based companies committed to giving back to their community in a meaningful and empathetic way. Read more and see BBC news coverage
“I feel much more fulfilled as a social entrepreneur than I ever did in the years spent making money. Having earned it, I now return it. Giving and the service of others is making my fortune significant, and it seems as if the more I give away, the richer my life seems to become.”
Dame Stephanie Shirley, UK Ambassador for Philanthropy